Sunday, June 23, 2013

On Friday, I observed a German teacher's lesson to Portuguese speaking students. He invited me to observe his teaching techniques and provide feedback.  His first language is Portuguese, and he is quite fluent in German and English also. The class I observed was a German grammar lesson, and I was most impressed with his ability to use examples from Portuguese (his students' primary language), German, and English in order to help his students better understand the lesson's concepts. 

Tomorrow is my last day with Alessandra's students. I will help administer a few oral exams, and then I believe they are planning a small party so that I can try some of their favorite Brazilian recipes. 

I have experienced so many things working with Alessandra and her students. I am forever changed by their friendliness and eagerness to welcome me into their lives. I look forward to sharing all that I've learned about Brasilian people and culture with my own children, students, colleagues, family, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment