Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I spent the weekend experiencing many cultural things. I visited Pirenopolis Saturday. The art and food were amazing, and we hope to go again next weekend to see the waterfalls.

Alessandra's aunt hosted a barbecue Sunday, and I met most of her family. It was a wonderful experience, and her family was as warm and friendly as I expected. Many of them were interested in practicing their English, especially the children. Alessandra's young cousin, Isabel, is now pen pals with my daughter, and they are enjoying corresponding with one another across the miles.

I also went to a June Festival near the Ministry of Agriculture. It was similar to summertime fairs in Ohio except the music is completely different.

Alessandra's students are still quite busy with written exams, but it is interesting to see the differences in how they write and speak English compared to my students. I am most impressed by the Brazilian students because their English is impressive, and only a handful of my students are bilingual.

No comments:

Post a Comment